Need advice as I am a newbie and looking to start a search

Post your technical questions here.
Stoddy706

Need advice as I am a newbie and looking to start a search

Post by Stoddy706 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:33 am

hi I have recently joined the form and this is because I am looking into buying myself my first classic VW. I have always liked the old vws since I was a kid and now that I have almost had my driving licences for a year I am seriously looking about buying one. I have around 4-5 grand and I was looking at beetles, t25 and potentially a t2. As I am very new to looking into it I was wondering what I need to look out for. What I have found so far Is that the floor pans and heater channeled on the beetles are an are you need to look out for.

I am also thinking about coming along to the next meet up to have a look around and talk to everyone as I haven’t even sat in a good example of a bug or buss yet so have no clue what to look for. If I do end up getting a bug or van I will join the club as a full member as I am in Falkirk and the is is my local club. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place not quite sure where to put it.
Any advice is welcome. :geek:

gayle
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

Post by gayle » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi Stoddy. Welcome to the club forum! You're more than welcome to have a nosey at my beetle although you might find at the next clubnight that a lot of the older vehicles are in hibernation still :)
Boycott shampoo, demand real poo!

Stoddy706

Post by Stoddy706 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Thanks would love to do that, think I will come along even if there isn’t many vehicles going to be there as I can still talk I and intereact with other members that do own ones.

McRod
Paid Club Member
Paid Club Member

Post by McRod » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi Stoddy and welcome.

Gayle makes a good point.

If you can, pop along to a club night and you`ll see everything there is to see in the VW scene and the owners will be more than happy to show you around their vehicles aswell as the pitfalls of buying them. :shock: :D

AndyB
Paid Club Member
Paid Club Member
Drives: T25. T4, Mk2 Scirocco Scala

Post by AndyB » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Be prepared to have a siphon emptying your bank account constantly to feed your VW addiction :) :)