LED headlight conversion on VW T25?

Post your technical questions here.
Yakredbus

LED headlight conversion on VW T25?

Post by Yakredbus » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi,
Has anyone got experience of doing a full LED headlight unit conversion on a VW T25? I would be happy to hear how you got on and the conversion units you installed and any MOT issues you may have encountered as a result,

BenGould
Drives: 1990 Corrado
1998 Audi Cabriolet

Post by BenGould » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:16 am

I had LED bulbs in my Corrado for a while. I bought cheap ones and the beam pattern was terrible, but they were very effective. Never put it through an MOT with them in, did the swap after an MOT and then took it back off the road before the next one was due. By the time I had got around to re-MOTing it they had stopped working and I went back to halogen. I'm assuming damp had got into the units and damaged something.
If I was going to do it again, I would definitely go for a better quality bulb.

Ben

Yakredbus

Post by Yakredbus » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Thanks for you reply Ben that’s helpfull info I will stay away from the LED bulbs in the old origin housing.
I have a late model aircooled 2ltr T25 with the round headlight unit and I had seen some direct replacement round LED headlight units being marketed on eBay for land rovers etc in VW T25. It would be helpful to know anyone has fitted these units or anything similar and how they functioned in comparison to the poor standard units even when fitted with upgraded halogen bulbs as well as any MOT issues if encountered.
Thanks
Steve

93fxdl

Post by 93fxdl » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:25 pm

I fitted h4 led bulbs to my t4, plenty of light, but can seem odd at first, being so white they seem to be a bit all or nothing also reflective road signs will be glaring back at you, mine have been in use for about 2 years and have passed mot without any problems
Ttfn Glenn