RECONDITIONED ENGINE

The place to list any cars, vans, parts or anything else you want to sell, want to own, want to swap, or want to give away.
Joel Lacaille
Paid Club Member
Paid Club Member

RECONDITIONED ENGINE

Post by Joel Lacaille » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:07 pm

I would like to change the engine on my 1973 beetle by the same reconditioned engine. The original engine is a 1300 cc AB engine. Where could I get it done and who to contact. At the moment the engine is leaking a drop of oil every now and then from the flywheel seal aera. I changed the seal when I renewed the flywheel and the clutch within a week it started to leak again. Ideally I would have like to fit a 1600 engine but the flywheel is a 180 mm instead of a 200 mm for a 1600 is it possible to swap without having to modify anything or does it involve light modifications?

Joel Lacaille
Paid Club Member
Paid Club Member

Post by Joel Lacaille » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:41 am

Hi all,,,
I can say I am very disappointed by the lack of response to my post about a reconditioned engine for my 1973 beetle. 183 members viewed the post and nobody was prepared to advise me.
Anyway through my own research I found a company down South who is picking up my old engine on Tuesday the 7th of January. They are building me a new 1600cc turnkey engine which should give me trouble free motoring for a good number of years.
Joel

stevenvw
Admin Group
Admin Group
Drives: 1987 VW Golf MK1 Cabriolet
1990 VW Polo MK2 Country Breadvan

Post by stevenvw » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi Joel

Sorry you feel that way about the forum. As discussed with you last night, despite our efforts to upgrade the forum and make it more user friendly, Facebook seems to be the forum of choice for the majority of users.

With regards to the 183 members having viewed your post, 99% of these views were from non-registered users, or "Bots". Your comment is in a public forum which is accessible by anyone (not just registered users) so the actual number of "real" users who viewed the post will have been considerably less.

During the course of this year I am hoping to try a few more things with the forum to increase traffic. I'll announce these changes both on here, and on the Facebook group. Please feel free to drop me a message with any suggestions you may have.

Many thanks

Steven

Denbydub
Paid Club Member
Paid Club Member

Post by Denbydub » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Paul Roberts at aircooled engines Scotland
Search on Facebook for him
He is your man to recon your engine

McRod
Paid Club Member
Paid Club Member

Post by McRod » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Hi Joel,

Apologies for the lack of responses here but Facebook has diverted a lot of traffic away.

However, we hope to divert some back with new content in the shape of restoration threads which Facebook cannot do.

Keep the faith here.

With regards to your engine, Paul Roberts at Air-Cooled Engines Scotland should be your number 1 choice.

He is close (ish) and you can visit and watch your engine progress.

His work is top notch and comparable to the great Laurie Pettit.

Regards

Rod